Whether you are big on the festivities or more about the feasts, Thanksgiving can be a great reminder to be thankful; it’s in the name, of course! Gratitude is nourishing for heart, soul, mind, and even body.
Physiologically, a gratitude practice can support immune functioning, contribute to better sleep, enhance cognitive function, and reduce the risk of heart disease. Best of all, when we are thankful, we often perceive or attract even more to be grateful for. In part, we do this by becoming more aware and appreciative of our current abundance, thereby attracting more to be thankful for. One of the easies ways to do this is by using positive affirmations for gratitude.
You may be asking how you can attract more blessings into your life by simply being thankful... Have you ever noticed before thanksgiving dinner is served the jokesters and clowns of the family may draw together in the yard while the chatty members gather in the kitchen, and the introverts may find their own quiet corner at the end of the table?
That’s because, like attracts like, it’s a universal law! When we are joyful, we attract cheerful people, experiences, and circumstances. It’s the same with gratitude. When we are grateful, we attract even more to be thankful for, giving us plentiful reasons to give thanks all year-round.
You can repeat the following affirmations before getting out of bed in the morning, while preparing for your day, during your commute, as a midday pick me up, during your evening stroll, or as part of your bedtime routine. Try to make these affirmations part of your daily routine, so you can build a gratitude practice you can stick with throughout the year.
Positive Affirmations for Gratitude
- I am grateful for each day and the new opportunities they present. Anything is possible.
- I am grateful for the person I am and my endless capacity for growth. I can be whomever I choose!
- I am thankful for all the people in my life. My relationships are a source of wisdom, understanding, love, and healing.
- I am deepening my gratitude for what I have and my receptivity to expected and unexpected blessings.
- Thank you for the love I have received, the love I am able to give, and the love that I am attracting.
- I will approach every situation I encounter and person I meet with appreciation. Through them, the universe will honor my greatest good and highest purpose.
- I appreciate the obstacles in my life. They show me more about my tenacity, strength, and wisdom.
- I appreciate the challenges in my life. They teach me how to show myself compassion and love.
- I gratefully receive all that is happening in my life right now. I am thankful for my role in manifesting the highest good.
- I am thankful for all that I have been through. It has made me the amazing person I am today.
- I am filled with gratitude for the sovereignty I have over my life. I am manifesting the life of my dreams!
- To my body, you have housed my soul, offered companionship, and connected me to the world all around me. Thank you!
- I am thankful to my body for its capabilities, making so much possible.
- I am thankful to my body for its limitations for teaching me patience, compassion, acceptance, and letting go.
- I am grateful for my daily growth and progress. No step is too small to celebrate!
- Thank you for life’s simple pleasures like laughter, the smile of a loved one, my favorite song, and… add some of your own here.
- I take this moment to reflect on the underappreciated blessings in my life. I am grateful for the food I have to eat, running water, comfort of my home, and… add some of your own here.
- I manifest the best when I fill my heart with gratitude.
- I am grateful for my capacity for gratitude. It is a wellspring of peace, contentment, blessings, and love.
- Thank you for life’s endings. They make room for bountiful beginnings!
- Gratitude is a life-changing choice that I choose today and every day. I am eternally grateful!
No matter when or where you choose to use these affirmations, incorporating them into your daily routine is bound to bring you more abundance, joy and even health benefits!